Anne Marie Porter wedding
Frequently Asked Question

What is the difference between you and a "wedding  coordinator or wedding planner"?

I GIVE you the information that they charge you for. I put you directly in touch with people who will be so important on your wedding day (photographer, videographer, florist, musician, caterer, etc, etc.) so their fees are not inflated, as they are if booked by a wedding planner.

How much is your package?
      Five hundred dollars.

What does it include?

Everything you need to be legally married, in a personalized way, in a gorgeous location. (Officiant, location, witnesses, and certified copy of certifcate of marriage).

It also includes unlimited consultations with Anne Marie and names, phone numbers, web sites of any needed vendors. (Photographer, videographer, florist, musicians etc.)

Does the $500 include the marriage license?

No you pay the $200 to the court. It does include the application which can be downloaded from this site.

When should we pay you?

Mail a check today so that on your wedding day, we can focus on the service and celebration. A personal check is fine. You can also go to my web site and pay with Pay Pal.

Cinnamon Bay Beach

Is it legal?

Yes. This is America, and your marriage is recognized worldwide. After your wedding, Anne Marie will file your paperwork with the Superior Court and mail you a certified copy of your certificate of marriage.

Are their location fees?

No I have already paid the site fees for you to be married on any national park beach or sugar mill ruins. If you want Anne Marie to come to your villa or sail boat for your wedding, there is no additional fee.

Cinnamon Beach

How long do we have to be there before we can get married?

You can pick up your marriage license the day you arrive. The marriage license office is on the same highway as the airport, on St. Thomas. Remember to mail your marriage license application so the court has it for 8 days before you arrive.

When is the court open so we can pick up our marriage license?

The court is open Mon. - Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sat. 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 o'clock noon If you want to pick up your marriage license on a day the court is closed (Sundays and Holidays), you may do so between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. There is an additional charge of $150. Please speak with Anne Marie about how to avoid this.

How do we apply for marriage license?
       Click here for information.

On the marriage license application where it says "Parents Name" what should we do?

Put your fathers name first and your mothers name below it. Do "Place of Birth" the same way.

Are you related by blood to each other?

I hope your answer is no.  Where it says "In what degree?" write not applicable.

Hawksnest Beach

What does "certified copy of divorce decree" mean?

It means stamped with the raised seal of the Court that issued your divorce. Phone the court where your divorce was issued, and ask them to send you a certified copy (stamped with the raised seal) of your divorce decree. This is not notarized, it is certified.

Do we sign the marriage license application?


Should we have the marriage license application notarized?

No Click here for sample application.

Do we have to mail both forms - Application for Marriage License and License and Certificate of Marriage?

Yes, type in and mail both forms.

What is 8 day posting requirement?

The marriage license office wants your marriage license application & all required paperwork at least 8 days before you pick up the license.

When should we mail our marriage license application to the Superior Court?

I recommend one month before you plan to pick up your license. The Court only needs to have your application for 8 days prior to issuing you the license but lets be on the safe side.

It's just the two of us. Will you provide witnesses?


Cinnamon Beach

What if it rains?

You'll get married when it stops, under the rainbow.

What should we wear?

Anything you want.

How far in advance do we need to book you?

As soon as you know your wedding date.

Cinnamon Beach

Will you help us find a place to stay, photographer,
videographer, florist, caterer, etc. etc.?

Yes give me a call.
Phone 340-626-4658

Hawksnest Beach

Should we rent a jeep?

Yes! You will have the freedom to explore and really enjoy St. John. In the long run, you will save money by not having to take taxis everywhere.

Why doesn't this site prefer an email address?

Anne Marie prefers speaking with you about something as important and personal as your wedding or marriage vow renewal service.

What does your $500 package include?

 All pre-wedding consultations. Phone Anne Marie as often as you like. She pays for the calls. Wedding ceremony at the place and time of your choice. Two Certified copies of License and Certificate of marriage. Personalized guidance by an over thirty year resident of St. John who really cares.

What is the difference in what you do and what a wedding planner does?

I put you directly in touch with people who will be so important on your wedding day (photographer, videographer, florist, musician, caterer, etc, etc.) so you can speak to them and their fees are not inflated, as they are by if booked by a wedding planner.

Trunk Bay Beach

What should we do now?

Mail payment to confirm your reservation with Anne Marie or you can also go to my web site and pay with Pay Pal. Apply for your marriage license. Relax.

The fee of $500 includes unlimited consultations, and marriage ceremony at the time and place of your choice, and two certified copies of license and certificate of marriage.

Hawksnest Beach

Anne Marie Porter
5000 Estate Enighed PMB7
St. John, USVI 00830
and cell 340-626-4658

top of page